- Nothing is ever going to happen
- It won't happen in my life time
- My parents had food storage and nothing happened
- The prophets don't talk about food storage anymore, so we don't have to worry about it.
- My neighbor will feed me.
- The church will feed me.
- God won't let anything happen to my family.
- I just bought.... _________. (You fill in the blank) and I can't afford it. Maybe next year.
A few years ago I was praying and asking if what I needed the most. I pondered about it, but wasn't sure. One night after going to bed my mom who had passed over just a few months before came to me, and told me I needed to buy candles. She told me to go to the "Dollar Tree". The next day I went to the "Dollar Tree" and looked at the candles. I had no desire to purchase them. I left the store feeling slightly guilty that I had not purchased the candles. I knew I needed them!
My daughter asked about a week later if I wanted to go to K-Mart with her and go shopping. No, I really didn't want to go to K-Mart, who really does? But, my daughter asked so, I went. We shopped for what she needed, and then headed down the clearance aisle. We found "Emergency Candles" in some boxes marked at five cents!