- Fels Naptha Soap
- Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
- Grate the Fels Naptha soap
- Into a old heavy duty food processor add one cup each of the grated soap, borax, and washing soda.
- Put the lid on and process for a few seconds to turn it all into a fine powder.
- Pour it into a container and use 1 ounce for each wash load.
- You probably have an old processor hanging around either in your home or garage, if not... then go to Deseret Industries or your favorite thrift store and buy a food processor. It really doesn't matter if you have one set aside just for your soap making or not... it's just soap in the end, and it washes clean!
For fabric softener, just add vinegar to the rinse water. It takes away static cling, disinfects, and deodorizes all at the same time.